Meet Dr. Karen Yurell
Costa Rica Care Coordinator
Dr. Yurell has dedicated the past 23 years to become one of the most highly qualified practitioners in the field of General Dentistry in Costa Rica.
Educated in Cuba at Institute of Santiago de Cuba and the Advanced National Program, Karen moved to Costa Rica and finished her advanced training at the Universidad de Costa Rica. Along with her many skills in general dentistry, she has assisted with Orthodontic care and taught Oral Histopathology at the Holguin School of Medicine.
Karen’s warm personality and care for others is admired greatly by her colleagues, patients and many friends. Because of her organizational skills and extensive management skills as well, Dr. Yurell has been asked to also assume the responsibility of office manager for Goodness Dental.
Resume: Dr. Karen Yurell
- General Dentist – Welldent, Costa Rica (2016)
- Co-owner/Operator - Dental Experts, Costa Rica (2010 - 2015)
- Foreign Patients Coordinator for Arriva Costa Rica (2012 – 2014)
- Owner/Operator - San Lucas Dental Clinic, Costa Rica (1999 - 2010)
- Community dental work for Fundación Piedad, Costa Rica (1998 – 1999)
- Assistant, Department of Orthodontics – Dental Clinic Rafael Freyre, Cuba (1994 – 1996)
- Professor of Oral Histopathology, Holguín School of Medicine, Cuba. Annexed to Higher Institute of Medical Sciences of Santiago de Cuba (1994 – 1996)
- General Dentistry, Medical Science Institute of Santiago de Cuba, 1994
- Advanced National Program - Talented Students of Stomatology, 1994
- General Dentistry, University of Costa Rica, 1998
- College of Dental Surgeons (Costa Rica), 1998
- National Association of Orthodontics (Costa Rica), 2000